Make your music available on 150+ streaming and download services around the world, including Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok, Amazon, Pandora, YouTube, and Deezer. Wherever your fans prefer to listen to music, they’ll find you!
and under any of its subdomains, along with your use of any and all applications, products, platform/technical integrations, subscriptions, application programming interfaces, graphics, audio,
2. Overview of the Services and Supplemental Terms
UML is continually improving its existing Services, as well as developing new Services to meet the needs of its users. By using or accessing any of the Services offered by UML listed below, you agreed to the Supplemental Terms that govern your use of and access to the relevant Service. If you access UML’s digital distribution and licensing services you must review and agree to the Music Services Agreement, as well as comply with our Community Guidelines.
3. Your UML Account
4. Your Use of UML
5. Content Rights
UML is committed to protecting the rights of the artists, songwriters, and copyright owners. Please note that UML is not paid for, responsible for, or involved with the production of any music or content licensed through or made available using the Services. We are not paid by users for content, but rather for access to and use of our Services. We do not select or review the content submitted to UML unless it is necessary to resolve an issue, fulfill a licensing request or respond to an inquiry. We make it our top priority to remove infringing, defamatory, offensive, or abusive content upon request. If you notify us of content that infringes your intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of a third party, or content that violates our policies, we will review your request and block infringing content from UML within seven (7) business days. You can visit our Copyright Policy page to learn more about how we deal with copyrighted material and how we comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
6. Our Intellectual Property
UML owns and retains all right, title and interest in and to the Services, and all related technology, materials, data, tools, widgets, user activity reports, intellectual property, programming, development and design, including but not limited to the front and backend systems, visual design, internet website, accompanying databases and domains. This Agreement does not transfer any ownership rights in any of the foregoing to you or any third party. Notwithstanding any material posted or uploaded by users, all of the content on the UML website, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features, designs, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, and logos contained herein (marks), is owned by or licensed to UML, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on the website is provided to you on an "as is" basis for your information and personal use only and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, publicly performed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective rights holders.
7. Our Brand
may occasionally provide buttons, logos, and other branding elements featuring certain UML Marks for use in attribution, advertising, promotion, marketing of the Services, available for your use in accordance with the Logo and Brand Guidelines we provide. If you decide to use the name “UML” in a written description of the Services, you should capitalize only the "UML" in the name ("UML"), and follow the name with a superscript "®" symbol indicating a registered trademark the first time that the name appears in any piece of text.
8. Limitations of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that UML and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners, and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
- The use or the inability to use the Services
- The costs of procurement of substitute goods, services purchased or obtained, or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services
- Unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data
- Statements or conduct of any third party on the Services; or
- Any other matter relating to the Services
9. Disclaimer of Warranties
11. Additional Important Terms
rules and procedures of UK Arbitration & Mediation. The parties shall share equally in the costs of the mediation. This Agreement shall be governed by and be construed in accordance with the laws of the UK, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the federal and state courts located in UK. Any questions you may have or requests to discuss individual account needs may be sent to email@example.com.
Last Updated – December 19, 2020
It is the policy of UML to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable intellectual property laws (collectively the "Act"). This page lists our requirements under the Act for notice of copyright infringement and for responses to such a notice if you or your materials are flagged. We have appointed and registered Evgeny Golovin as our copyright agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement and have informed the UK Copyright Office of this appointment. Please refer to the following address, phone number, and e-mail address for all claims:
United Music Limited dba UML
Attn: Copyright Notice – Evgeny Golovin
As explained in more detail below, the Act requires the removal or disabling of access to content claimed to be, or reasonably determined by Company to be, the subject of infringing activity. If the Act requires content to be removed from any of our Services, we will remove the content.
Notice of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that content on any of our Services violates any of your exclusive rights under UK Copyright Law, you must send a written communication to our Copyright Agent at the contact above. The written communication should include the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list
of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed, along with reasonably sufficient information to
permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as address, telephone number and, if available, an e-mail address. 71-75 Shelton Street, London, Greater London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ
- A physical or, in the event of a PDF submission, an electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- The following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the use of materials described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- The following statement: "The information in this notification is accurate and that I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
We have no other role to play, either in prosecuting or defending claims of infringement, and cannot be held accountable in any case for damages, regardless of whether a claim of infringement is found to be true or false. Pursuant to the Act, you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys fees, if you misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. If you are not sure whether material on our Services infringes your copyright, we urge you to first consult an attorney. Upon receipt of a notice of infringement made in accordance with our Copyright Policy, we will respond expeditiously and remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity as required by the Act. Our Copyright Agent will take reasonable steps to promptly notify the affected party or parties.
If we have removed your content from our Services due to suspicion of copyright infringement, we will notify you at the email address provided in your User Account, and you may dispute the alleged infringement by responding to the message within two (2) business days of receiving the notice. That written response should include the following:
- Identification of the content to which access has been disabled or that has been removed from Services.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, including at a minimum address, telephone number and a valid e-mail address.
- A physical or electronic signature from you or from a person authorized to act on your behalf.
- The following statement: "Under penalty of perjury, I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be
removed or disabled."
- The following statement: "The information in this notification is accurate, and I swear, in good faith and under penalty of perjury, that the content was removed or disabled as a result of
mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- The following statement: "I consent to the jurisdiction of San Francisco for the judicial district in which such address is located, and will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of copyright infringement or an agent of such person."
If you have served a counter notification complying with the above requirements, please note that we will promptly provide the person who provided the initial infringement statement with a copy of the counter notification, as well as your contact information, and will inform such person that UML will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days. We will then replace the removed material and cease disabling access to within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the counter notice, unless the copyright owner delivers to our Copyright Agent notice that it has filed an action seeking a court order. If we receive a notification from a copyright holder who has procured an enforceable injunction prohibiting our UML from providing access to allegedly infringing material, we will follow the requirements of the injunction.
Other Types of Infringement
The policies and processes outlined above apply to copyright claims only. If you discover any content that you believe to be in infringement of any other intellectual property rights or in violation of our policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may revise our Copyright Policy from time to time in accordance with the policies set forth in our
Last Updated – December 19, 2020